Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

I want to play Empire Earth, but Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000 don't like it.

LFern14
Beginner

Hi,

i've installed tha old game Empire Earth, from Sierra, in my Windows 8.1 System, but the game don't run. Many of my friends have the same version of windows and the game works correctly. My conclusion was that the problem is the video adapter, since the only problem is with the graphics. Its the same problem i've seen in the older post . I suppose the problem was solved in that situation.

Please, could you see my case, please? My Driver is Intel HD 4000, version 10.18.10.3621 from 16/05/2014. I've tryed automatic update unsuccessfully.

Thanks!

(Sorry about my poor english... )

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello luizctonhao,

I would like to get more information about your system so please provide the following:

1. Dxdiag report.
  2. Graphics Report.
  3. system information report.

How to get it?

Dxdiag Report: Type dxdiag in Start Menu> open> Save> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

System Information: Click Start> Type System Information> Click File> Export> Save File> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

Graphics Report: Right click on desktop> Graphics Properties> Options> Drop Down Menu> Information Center> Save> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

Please attach these reports.

Besides the above, I would like to know what version of the game is you using or perhaps if you have tried with an update.

If possible, would you provide a link where I can download the game or Demo for me to test?

Kevin M

0 Kudos
LFern14
Beginner

Hi,

the information you requested are attached. I couldn't get information system by the way you sent me. So i'm sending a print of the it. I hope this is enough.

This is my version of the game link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24666985/Empire%20Earth%20do%20Bi.nrg https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24666985/Empire%20Earth%20do%20Bi.nrg

This is a really old game.

Thanks

0 Kudos
LFern14
Beginner

Hello,

I made some upgrades on my video board and started to have the same problem with the game. What do you recomended me to do?

Thanks

0 Kudos
LFern14
Beginner

I tried to install again the file you send me, but it shows a message:

" Error: The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer's manufacturer. Setup will exit. "

Please, what can i do?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please tell me more about the upgrades on your embedded graphics.

Did you test the behavior using the previous settings?

Mike C

0 Kudos
LFern14
Beginner

Everything is right now. I followed some instructions above of kevin_intel and i installed the last upgrades. The game is working again.

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos