Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Issue with Intel HD Graphics Control Center

NDime
Beginner

I have recently purchased a 4th monitor. I have Dual DVI on my video card and 1 DVI and 1 HDMI coming off my motherboard. I have no issues getting the display out. My problem is once I "right click" on the desktop and select "Screen Resolution" I can't move my monitors out of the "side by side" configuration. I am able to change them to the config of 3 below and 1 above the middle monitor and click apply. It works for 10 seconds or so and then reverts right back to how it was.

I think there is a 3rd party program that keeps trying to take control by reverting it back to the monitors lined up side by side. Anyone know a way to figure out what program is doing this? or is there a way to make a certain program the default video?

Currently installed:

AMD Catalyst control center (AMD Radeon HD 7700)

Intel HD Graphics Control Center

Update:

Looks like when I disable the onboard Intel Graphics 4000 chip my remaining 2 monitors will move however I arrange them. It looks as though its a glitch in the drivers. I've contacted Intel to no avail as they claim the drivers are already "generic". I can't find a way to uninstall "Intel HD Graphics Control Center" as that looks to be the source of my problem. Odd even more is that I can change the layout to "collage" and it will then allow me to stack the monitors vertically.

Does anyone know if there is a "horizontal lock" I'm missing?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

NickEDimes, I'm afraid to tell you that the only way to remove the Intel HD Graphics Control Center will be by uninstalling the graphics drivers.

I would need more information in regards to your system, so would you please reply back to me with this data:

Could you please attach the DX Diag report for your system? (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information).

I also recommend you to check if you are running the latest BIOS version available for your system.

Regards,

0 Kudos
NDime
Beginner

Thank you so much for your reply!

Which version of Windows do you have?

-Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit Version 6.3.9600 Build 9600

Which is the model number of your laptop?

-Desktop:

MSI MS-7752

Intel Core i7-3770K

Bios Version 2.7

Graphics Drivers — How to Identify Your Intel® Graphics Controller

Click the Windows icon, and then right-click Computer.

Select Properties.

Find System Type on the Properties window, and then note the processor model.

-Intel Core i7-3770K

What is the graphics driver version? Graphics Drivers — Intel® Graphics Driver Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Could you please attach the DX Diag report for your system? (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information).

I also recommend you to check if you are running the latest BIOS version available for your system.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for all the information NickEDimes.

When installing the graphics drivers on your system, please be sure to install the Intel HD Graphics drivers first before installing the AMD graphics drivers.

My recommendation will be to first uninstall the AMD graphics drivers, and then uninstall the Intel HD Graphics drivers.

I suggest you to install the Intel Graphics driver first and then AMD's.

Also install the Chipset INF driver. Also be sure your motherboard has the latest BIOS update.

Please restart the system and follow this order: Please reboot between each step.

1. Install the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=20775&lang=eng Chipset INF Driver

2. Open Control Panel, open Device Manager, click on the AMD display adapter, click the Driver tab, click Uninstall driver and be sure to check the Remove Driver Files box and uninstall the driver.

3. Open the Control Panel and open Programs and Features, if the Intel HD Graphics driver is listed click Uninstall.

Now you can start installing the graphics drivers.

4. Install the Intel https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24329 Intel® Download Center

5. Install the http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/desktop/7000/7700 AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 Series Graphics Cards: 7790, 7770, 7770 GHz, 7750, 7730

Regards,

0 Kudos