Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

No picture after display sleep

SStei10
Novice

I have this happening using the latest official drivers (from March 2014) on two machines - a Gigabyte Brix (the U4500 model) and an HP Elitebook 840G1, happening on both a Dell U3014 and an HP ZR30w display.

The scenario: Windows (8.1 in all cases) turns off the display signal due to inactivity. After returning to the test, you'd expect that moving your mouse or hitting the keyboard would get your picture back. Yet.. ofen it takes drumming an entire song on the keyboard and clicking wildly to get things working again. Sometimes, it even takes a power cycle of the screen.

Has anyone else encountered this and maybe has a fix? The same displays have no issue with my other machine driven by an nVidia card.

6 Replies
GVene
Beginner

I have the same issue. It's very annoying. I have an asrock extreme6 z97 motherboard and LG TV over hdmi. The Intel video driver crashes after sleep. Not always be enough to be very frustrating. Intel please fix ASAP. Only fix is to remote in and disable and enable the driver in device manager

0 Kudos
SStei10
Novice

Come to think of it, I tend to think it's just another instance of the black screen issue from the sticky:

0 Kudos
SStei10
Novice

Yes, that still happens even with the beta driver.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the feedback.

I just tested different driver versions 3621 and 3652 but did not experience same situation. The operating system just came back as expected.

I would say if you are on Switchable graphics computer, remove and re install any video driver, including Intel and Nvidia or ATI.

Allan.

0 Kudos
GVene
Beginner

I'm on the beta driver and just experienced the issue again. I had to disable the driver again and enable again by remoting in VNC from my phone to do this. I hope you can fix soon, but reading that other thread I'm thinking I may just have to discrete graphics like Nvidia or ATI.

Thanks

0 Kudos