Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Uninstalling or disabling Intel Rapid Storage Technology Windows 10

NKuma221
Beginner

Hi,

I just bought http://www.amazon.com/G752VT-DH72-Gaming-Discrete-GeForce-Titanium/dp/B01578ZN0Q/ref=sr_1_10?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1450632348&sr=1-10&keywords=asus+laptops&refinements=p_n_feature_four_browse-bin:2289792011%2Cp_n_feature_five_browse-bin:7817225011 this laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed in it on the SSD. I want to install Ubuntu 14.04 on this SSD (does not matter if I have to remove Windows for that) and use 1 TB HDD to store data. The problem I am having right now is that Ubuntu installer does not detect SSD, it only shows 1 TB HDD. I have tried different versions of Ubuntu (14.04, 15.04, 15.10) but the same problem is there. Also, GParted (latest version with support for NVMe devices) is not able to show the SSD but Windows shows both SSD and HDD. SSD has NVMe controller type and PCIe as controller interface whereas HDD has AHCI controller type and SATA as controller interface and the SATA Configuration is RAID. There is no option in UEFI to change any of these options. It looks like it might be because Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) is enabled (after reading on different forums) . Can this be the reason that GParted and Ubuntu is not able to see the SSD? There is no option to disable Intel RST from the UEFI. How can I disable Intel RST from Windows 10? Also, only windows can see SSD and it has OS installed on it.. Is it possible that it is locked so that no one else can see it? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Naman Kumar

0 Kudos
1 Reply
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello:

Please continue with your original thread:

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos