Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20634 Discussions

Safe to use newest Intel drivers for MacBook Pro in Win10?

ŠŠtef
Beginner

I have 2016 13" MacBook Pro Touch Bar model with Intel Core i7 6567U, Intel Iris 550, newest Windows 10 Pro trough Boot Camp

Is it safe to use Intel update program to search for new drivers and install them?

Thanks for answer!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

Apple has requested all requests for support of their products be referred to Apple support.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Apple has requested all requests for support of their products be referred to Apple support.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello t0panka,

I understand you would like to know if you can or not install our generic graphics drivers on your MacBook Pro Touch Bar.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

Apple* has requested that all inquiries related to their products need to be referred to them. The best option would be contacting Apple* so they can provide proper troubleshooting steps for this issue. This link will give you their contact information https://support.apple.com/contact https://support.apple.com/contact

Regards,

Fred
0 Kudos
ŠŠtef
Beginner

Hi guys thanks for answer Al_Hill IntelCorporation

I contacted Apple and they helped me with this question

So i installed newest drivers with Intel update program. Now i have newest driver but when i check for updates it is still giving me the same driver as an option to update. I installed it second time but it is still there. Can you help with this?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello t0panka,

What happens is that the Intel Driver Update Utility has been developed for Intel motherboards so it might not run correctly on OEM systems.

If current graphics driver is working fine in your computer then there is no need to update it. If you are having graphics issues please contact Apple* back so they can provide proper troubleshooting steps for your MacBook Pro Touch Bar.

Regards,

Fred
0 Kudos
ŠŠtef
Beginner

Yes there are no issues with iGPU. Thanks for answer Intel .)

0 Kudos