Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Having trouble installing latest RST on MSI z97 Gaming 5 - Trying to get Samsung Magician to work for 960 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD

APiro2
Beginner

I recently installed a new Samsung 960 Pro NVMe SSD into my MSI z97 gaming 5 motherboard and I am using a PCIe Gen3 x4 adapter in a PCIe Gen3 x8 slot. The SSD works es expected. I have Samsung Magician 5 installed and it says rapid mode for my 960 pro is not supported. However, it does say that my Samsung 850 EVO is supported for it. I tried installing the latest RST driver to see if it would fix the issue and I am getting a failure message that says:

This is my magician software error:

Why can't I install the latest RST from the intel website?

**Also, I don't have rapid mode turned on for the other SSD

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

PogeyBait, Thank you very much for joining the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology communities.

Please try the following version of the IRST, it fully supports the Intel® Z97 chipset and NVMe's, it is version 14.8:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26700/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-?product=55005 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26700/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-?product=55005

Which Windows version are you using?

Please let me know the results of trying the version above.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto

0 Kudos
APiro2
Beginner

After installing that version I get this now in Samsung Magician. I still can't use rapid mode on my 960 pro. It says "Not Supported" still. Any Ideas?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

PogeyBait, Thank you very much for providing that information.

In order to better assist you, could you please explain what do you mean with using the rapid mode on the NVMe?

Is that a feature that belongs to the NVMe itself or to the motherboard?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

PogeyBait, I just wanted to check if you saw the information we requested on the previous post?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto

0 Kudos