Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

Intel utility for monitoring mobile cpu core temp

idata
Employee

I see that there is a "Intel Desktop Utilities (IDU) 3.0". Is there a sister utility that help me measure the temp in a i-series mobile processor. I have an I7-720QM that I need to capture temps on.

2 Replies
idata
Employee

Are you running windows 7 or vista? You can goto home screen and right click (On open space) and double click on Gadgets. Then the gadget screen should popup. Goto bottom of screen you should see "Get more gadgets online" double click. Then it will take you to gadget for windows. Goto bottom of screen and select "Get more desktop gadgets" double click. Then on next page that pops up on top you should see windows live gallery. In the search box type in "Temp for processors" and double click gallery button and chose "intel core series" double click download and then install. Should show up on screen after install. Done.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I need a tool that has validity to it. One from the manufacturer of the CPU is as valid as it gets. The manufacturer of my laptop won't accept measurements from thirdparties. Intel isn't a third party and their measurements cannot be refuted.

0 Kudos