cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD X.25 M not detected on Intel board

FGaul
New Contributor II

I just installed an Intel SSD X.25M 160 GB drive on my DX58SO intel mother board. I am Intel all the way! The SSD is recognized by Win7 installed on an other drive, it is also recognsed by the Intel program 'rapid technology...' that list alld the drives and RAID configuration, but the SSD firmware update program does not see it !! It is not on SATA port 0 or 1 (but who knows where SATA port number are, as there are false information on most of the Intel mother board). Yes, I am a little frustrated!

Shoudl I try and move my SSD to SATA port 0? This is difficult, because I have a RAID configure on port 0 and 1 and do not want to loose everything. Shoudl I use an other system? does the update program work on an USB drive (I can put it on a USB to SATA interface)?

Thanks for your help,

Francois

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I Have Answer For your Question,

Question: "Intel SSD X.25 M not detected on Intel board"

ANSWER:

First I want To Clarify the Following Thing.

The RAID CARD You Use Has the Following Technology called

1."Storage Controller with SSD caching is built on the same Unified Serial® (SATA/SAS) architecture" ?

Unless your RAID CARD Has this Architecture it will not be Detected in the COMBINED SATA and SSD Drives State.

I Ask You To View The Following Website Link For The Proof

" http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/products/Controllers/Hardware/ssd-caching/entry/SAS-2405Q/"

2.Then You want To use The SAME SIZE OF HARD DISK FOR THIS MIRRORING OR RAID OPERATION

3. Windows 7 ULTIMATE 32 / 64 Bit Operating System must be Used For RAID Operations.

4. If Your SSD is 2.5 inch then You Must use 3.5 Inch Converter if you use SATA Back Plane.

5. You Use Any SAA BACK PLANE ? It must be used For HOTSWAP Operations , But This is Optional Only.

Intel Manufactures The Product.

Product Code : AXX6DRV3GEXP

Proof: http://www.intel.com/assets/pdf/general/config_guide_102207.pdf

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19128&lang=eng

The Reason For Your Problem is

1. NOT USING Raid Card With Storage Controller with SSD caching is built on the same Unified Serial® (SATA/SAS) architecture

2. NOT USING SAME SIZE OF HARD DISK FOR THIS MIRRORING OR RAID OPERATIONS.

3. NOT USING Windows 7 ULTIMATE Version Operating System.

When You Solve These Two Things Surely Your SSD Will be Accepted By Windows 7 Operating System.

I am Very Sure Your SSD will work in this Solution. Because SSD uses Seperate Data Entry Algorithm.

Thank you.

FGaul
New Contributor II

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I am not using any RAID card, I am using the RAID that is part of the DX58SO mother board. And my SSD is not configured as part of the RAID, it is sitting on the SATA port # 4. I did not try to install Win7 on it yet, and when I do so, it will be by itself not part of a RAID configuration. But I wanted to update the firmware of the SSD before I start using it, and installing Win7.

On the motherboard, since I am using a RAID configuration between SATA port 0 and 1 (I believe), the whole borad is 'configured' as RAID, and even though the SSD is not part of a RAID array, the firmware update program does not see it. I don't think I have away to configure port 4 as non-RAID while port 0 and 1 are part of a RAID array.

Since I do not want to 'play' and change configuration on my main system, I will put temporarily the SSD on an other system, on SATA port 0 configured as IDE and see if the update program will see it. It is not an easy manipulation to update the firmware of the SSD.

I'll keep you posted,

Thanks, François

FGaul
New Contributor II

To close the issue: I made it work by installing my SSD on an other system, alone on SATA port 0 (unpluging all other SATA port), configuring the SATA port as IDE in the BIOS, booting from the CD, and it worked.

The issue, is that in the BIOS the SATA configuration is global and not on a per port basis! and I did not want to go from a RAID configuration to an IDE on my main system, I was afraid my RAID disk were going to be screwed up.

Anyway, it's done!