Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20496 Discussions

Add more ram to intel r hd graphic card

idata
Employee

How do i add more ram to my intel r hd graphic card..??

8 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} p {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} -->

This is basically enabled by your computer maker, if there is an option called DVMT (Dynamic Video Memory Technology) at BIOS level, it is possible.

check below for more information

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-029090.htm

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I cant find that dvmt in bios..?? i there another way to do it..??

Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

if you do not see any DVMT options in BIOS, you need to update it or contact your computer manufacturer for more information.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, i want to increase my VRAM.

You said something about BIOS and DVMT,

I got a http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intelgm45 Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family with min 64mb and max 1695mb, Core2Duo (2.2Ghz), 4gbRAM and W7 Home Premium.

Some games that I play request Pentium , 500mb ram and a 64mb graphics memory.

While I´m playing, I check my Video Memory and it´s on 32mb... 29..., sometimes it reaches 120mb, but the game still with low FPS.

I set the chipset to Performance mode (nothing happened, just a worst graphic), the game settings are at LOW and i can´t make my computer use more ram to video.

What I can do to increase VRAM? I didn´t find any DVMT, just the BIOS´ info.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Guys, the performance isn't low because there isn't enough video memory, its low because the GPU itself is slow. No amount of video memory will change that. The graphics won't use more memory because its not needed anyway. To use more than 500MB you need to be running Crysis with HIGH settings.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ok, then the only thing I can do is buying a new chipset or video card.

Is there how to substitute the chipset or connect a video card to a notebook through USB or something?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

There's another way that might be worth trying. Install the latest driver, and open up the Intel Graphics control panel. Go to 3D--Vertex Processing, then select "Enable Software Processing". Some games might run better with that setting, some will run better with default.

0 Kudos