Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20496 Discussions

Trouble with the Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 Update

idata
Employee

I installed an update. The details are as follows:

Intel Corporation - Display - Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150

Installation date: ‎7/‎15/‎2010 10:06 AM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Recommended

Intel Corporation Display software update released in April, 2010

My problem is for some reason I can't lower the brightness on my netbook. When I uninstalled the update, I had no problem lowering the brightness BUT it removed the 1024 x 768 resolution option. I'm using a Samsung N220. Windows 7 Starter OS.

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Surya_M_Intel
Employee

I can increase and decrease brightness on my Eee PC netbook. GMA3150 driver version is 8.14.10.2117 which is latest.

Btw I think N220 panel supports upto 1024 X 600 but not sure.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I had no trouble running my N220 on 1024 X 768 prior to the update installation.

I'll try other GMA3150 versions.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have a Samsung N150 with N450 and GMA 3150. Withe the latest drivers I can no longer change my screen's brightness, which remains fixed to maximum.

I run Windows 7 x64. Samsung provides only x32 drivers (really poor service from Samsung!). I downloaded the x64 drivers from the Intel site.

The most recent driver version which allows controlling the Brightness is 8.14.10.64.1972. Any newer driver version will break this important functionality.

This is a very well know problem which applied to the newest drivers versions for both x32 and x64 Windows 7 (and I saw also reports around Vista). The problem is discussed in several forums (in particular Samsung), but neither Samsung nor Intel seem to be acknowledgin or doing anything about it.

Now this forum looks to be the only way Intel provide to contact their support (AGAIN, VERY POOR FROM INTEL!!!!).

IS ANY INTEL ENGINEER READING THIS???? CAN YOU GET BACK TO THE COMMUNITY AND PROVIDE US WITH A WORKING DRIVER!!!!!!

0 Kudos