Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Hp z Display 27i - Hp Elitebook 840 G4 - Intel HD620 2k resolution Problem

GGune
Beginner

I've a HP Elitebook 840g4 laptop and a Hp z display 27' 2k capable Monitor.

Elitebook have a İntel I5-7200u processor. and a Hd620 graphics proc.

I'm using Win10 and I cant select 2560x1440 resolution from the drop down list because its not selectable.

When I'm using the same monitor ande the same connection cable with Hp Z620 workstation with Nvidia Quadro k5000 Graphic card , I can use 2560x1440 resolution.

So I think there is a problem with H620 .

I've attached the SSU - System information and Z27i information reports to the discussion.

Waiting for your response.

thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello GorkemGuner,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

I'm sorry about the issue you have experience with your laptop.

We have tested this graphics driver with this resolution and higher resolution like 4k resolution and there is no problem, I understand that you can test the same monitor and cable on a workstation computer and you are able to get this resolution, at this point I will try another cable, I will try a high quality cable and check if your monitor needs a INF driver from you monitor manufacturer.

What connection are you using? Are you using any adapters or is it HDMI to HDMI connection?

If you installed the Intel® generic driver, I suggest you to try your laptop manufacturer driver instead as it is the proper driver for your system. You should be able to located here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

I hope this can help.

Regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ,

I'm following on this post to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ivan.
0 Kudos
GGune
Beginner

Hello,

The problem hasn't been resolved yet.

I'm planning to change the cable.and using direct connection without using a converter.

I'll inform you.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
GGune
Beginner

ı also discovered that When I'm using second Screen only option(Hp zdisplay 27i) ,

I can not change the resolution or the font size of the screen. All these options are greyed out.

Is this still a cable problem or its related to something else ??

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello GorkemGuner,

I have seen case where the cable can cause this issue, please remember to try a high quality cable for you to get better results.

Regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

I'm following on this post to ask you if you were able to try different cable or if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
GGune
Beginner

the issue was resolved.

I'm now using my laptop inserted to a docking station and the same hdmi cable with dp adapter is attached to the docking station now.

and I'm able to choose 2560x1440 resolution.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello GorkemGuner,

I'm glad that this issue has been resolved and thank you for taking your time to let us know.

I hope you can have a better experience with your system from now on.

Best wishes,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos