Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Applying Face detection to static images

idata
Employee

Hello, I am trying to figure out how to applying face detection to static images. I read in the RealSense documentation that there is a tracking mode type FACE_MODE_COLOR_STILL that do this. But I have an PXCImage instancia with the image I want to apply face detection, but I don't know how to proceed.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel® RealSense™ Technology.

I would like to recommend you to take a look at the FaceTracking.cpp and FaceTracking.cs samples in the Intel RealSense SDK, those samples show how to use the face tracking features including face detection, so you may use them as a reference to your own code.

In case you are using the RealSense SDK R3, the source code of these samples is located in this path $(RSSDK_DIR)/sample/face/. Also, you can find additional information regarding the Face Tracking and Recognition Module in the SDK R3 Documentation: https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v2016r3/documentation/html/index.html?doc_face_face_tracking_and_recognition.html Face Tracking and Recognition.

Moreover, in the RealSense SDK R2, the DF_FaceTracking (C++) sample is located here: $(RSSDK_DIR)/sample/DF_FaceTracking and the DF_FaceTracking.cs here: $(RSSDK_DIR)/framework/CSharp/DF_FaceTracking.cs. Also the Face Tracking and Recognition module information can be accessed on this site: https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/index.html?doc_face_face_tracking_and_recognition.html Face Tracking and Recognition.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, I have studied the example in C++, but the example is for real time and it doesn't work in my project. I am using SDK R2, because face tracking example project don't work in R3 and I think my project will not work too with R3.

So I have the image but I don't know how to make face algorithm recognize it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have investigated more regarding what you need to accomplish and unfortunately it is an unsupported use case and cannot be done. My apologies for any inconvenience it may cause.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos