Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

Intel optane unsupported bios msi z270 SLI Plus motherboard

idata
Employee

OMG.. i finally got it installed after i had to give 5mb at the end of my partition .

Then after that i finally installed the optane driver then i get a bios not supported?

I remember on the box it said intel optane ready on my MSI motherboard.. and im not a computer geek im scared to update my bios with a usb and i dont even know how to check or even get the update for my mother..

What can i do? please help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Rahstyles,

Thanks for posting in our forum. We understand that you would like to install Intel® Optane™ Memory on your system but you are getting a message: "Bios Unsupported".

This could mean that your BIOS needs the following:

-The BIOS update to use Intel® Optane™ Memory Technology (We strongly suggest to contact https://us.msi.com/about/contact-us MSI for this)

-Your BIOS mode is set to Legacy Only.

-The boot drive is installed in MBR partition and needs to be changed to GPT.

One thing you can do after verify all that is to send us the log that the software generates while installing. For you to share that log, please go to this patch in your system: C:\Users\yourusername\Intel\Logs, please send us the logs related to Intel® Optane™ Memory only.

If you can, also please share the computer specs by downloading this utility. Please attach the file as well.

Note: When attaching the files, please use the advanced edit button.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Rahstyles,

We'd like to know if you were able to read our previous post and if you require further assistance. We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos