Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20632 Discussions

Pixel Shader on HD 3000

MZach
Beginner

Hi there,

I was just wondering how I can run games using Pixel Shader 3,0 on Intel HD 3000. This chip states to be hosting Pixel Sharer 4.1, which I would have thought would have been even better.

But I just always get an error, it states as in the image below, now it only happens to appear in Need for Speed: Rivals. But I would think it would happen to other programs aswell.

I have looked on countless tutorials, tried many things, even coming onto this site and looking around for something, but I always fail at running my beloved game. If there was ANY WAY to fix this error, PLEASE let me know!

I went onto 1 specific tutorial to check if I could solve my problem, and it had an apparent solution, A NEW DRIVER, I tried to get it, but it stated that my HD 3000 was no longer supported, so I am still unsuccessful.

Please respond to this, it would be so hugely appreciated.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What operating system? If Windows 10, then it HD 3000 graphics are not supported.

Doc

MZach
Beginner

Yes, this PC was updated to Windows 10 before purchase. This I guess was a huge mistake by the previous owners? Is there any other way to find a graphics driver for my GPU? I would be greatly appreciative if there was. I've also found that i bought a new game recently, THE CREW: Wild Run. This has a crash on launch and I'm suspecting that this is because of not having a graphics driver?

I also forgot to mention my PC specifications.

Toshiba Satellite PRO C850

Intel CORE i5 2450M CPU

Intel HD 3000 V.2 Mobile

8GB RAM

Thanks,

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos
MZach
Beginner

Hi there, Thank you for your reply, I've managed to download the file, and now I'm would just like a little assistance on what to do next. I've opened the file with winRAR, but I don't know what i need to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

This may help you: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows...

Doc

0 Kudos
MZach
Beginner

I've followed the steps, and it now comes up with:

'The best driver software for your device is already installed'

Would this be true? If so, why isn't my GPU doing what it should be doing?

Thanks

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Because it is not supported on Windows 10.

Doc

0 Kudos
PLiv
New Contributor II

Pixel Shader 3.0 errors are related to Direct3D 9. Direct3D 9 originally released with Windows XP is not included entirely with Windows by default. Additional components are available as an https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35 optional runtime.

This may solve your problem.

0 Kudos