Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Training set for Realsense OR module

JHemm1
New Contributor I

Hi Intel,

I need to add a class to the OR classifier, using the YOR tool.

I'd like to keep the existing classes from your demo, and also see how you did it so I can do it right.

Could you please share the training set you used for the OR demos?

I understand the SDK itself is closed source, but I hope the pictures themselves are not considered a trade secret :-).

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi jeremyhx,

We were able to investigate this request on our end with our engineering team and we got the following:

"The training set of the object recognition classifier (Not the YOR Tool) are part of the closed IP and cannot be shared. We have no other reference training sets for the YOR tool to provide. If you would like to maintain the 42 objects of the Object Recognition feature while adding new objects with the YOR Tool, that's not possible.

The goal of the YOR Tool is to create a totally new classifier from the training images set that the user has."

We hope that this answers your inquiry and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards,

Leonardo L

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The link below, quoted by Intel support staff member Leonardo, explains how objects are detected using bounding boxes and confidence percentages.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/documentation/realsense-for-linux-developers-guide/object-library-features Object Library Features | Intel® Software

Leonardo added, "You can only use the images that are described in the website [above]."

0 Kudos
JHemm1
New Contributor I

Thanks Marty, but that's not what I'd like to know.

Based on the link you posted here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/documentation/realsense-for-linux-developers-guide/developing-apps Developing Apps with Object Library | Intel® Software , I need to setup a training folder to use YOR.

There are more details on what's supposed to be in that folder in the headers (see or_video_module_impl.h:86 from the SDK).

I'd like Intel to share the training folder they used to train the Object Library w/ the classes Leonardo mentioned.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I would imagine that the training folder will not be shareable, but there is a page that describes in text how training images are made.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/documentation/realsense-for-linux-developers-guide/yor-tool Your Object Recognition (YOR) Tool | Intel® Software

Basically, you take pictures of an object from different angles and in different lighting conditions and backgrounds and then provide that image set to the training application so that it can learn how to recognize that class of object.

0 Kudos
JHemm1
New Contributor I

I'm hoping they will be nice to the developers who use their platform and agree to share it.

It's not like it's some super secret algorithm, more like an example for their SDK.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi jeremyhx,

We were able to investigate this request on our end with our engineering team and we got the following:

"The training set of the object recognition classifier (Not the YOR Tool) are part of the closed IP and cannot be shared. We have no other reference training sets for the YOR tool to provide. If you would like to maintain the 42 objects of the Object Recognition feature while adding new objects with the YOR Tool, that's not possible.

The goal of the YOR Tool is to create a totally new classifier from the training images set that the user has."

We hope that this answers your inquiry and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Regards,

Leonardo L
0 Kudos
JHemm1
New Contributor I

Hi Leonardo,

Thanks for investigating and getting back to me.

That's very unfortunate and doesn't make much sense to me.

Thanks anyway.

Best,

Jeremy

0 Kudos