Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20501 Discussions

Screen flicker with Intel HD graphics driver

RS12
Beginner

Hi,

I have Windows 10 running on my Notebook (HP Envy,core i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50 GHZ /8GB/1TB).

I uninstalling the Intel HD graphics driver and using a standard VGA, the flickering stopped. I have tried updating the graphics drivers many times but the issue still remains.

Anyone please help me..

Regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Shrinking,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

Are you using the Intel® generic driver or the driver provided by your computer manufacturer? If you are using the Intel® generic driver that you can download from the Intel download center and you get this flickering issue with this driver I suggest you to install the proper driver from your computer manufacturer.

Is the display that comes with the laptop the one with the flickering problem or it is an external monitor you have connected? If it is an external monitor the one with the issue please explain how you have connected or if there is any adapters or splitters?

What is the graphics driver version you have installed on your system?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
RS12
Beginner

Dear Ivan U

Thank you for your support.

please find attached the graphic driver version. In addition to that, I have also attached system information for your convenience and information.

Thanks & Regards

Raman

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information Shrinking, according with the information you attached you have an old graphics driver version, we can try updating the driver to the latest version Intel released, you can download it here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26836/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?product=88355 Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.45]

If you get an error installing this driver, please try uninstalling the driver you already have installed and then install the latest driver manually, you can follow the steps how to manually install this driver here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows 8*/8.1*

I hope this can help.

Regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ,

I'm following on this post to ask you if your issue has been resolved or if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Ivan U.
0 Kudos