Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Intel (R) HD Graphics (core i5)- PLEASE HELP!!!

LSing3
Beginner

I recently updated my system to Windows 10. I only had one monitor hooked up which was working fine, then I decided I wanted to add an additional monitor. The original monitor does not work anymore, but the monitor I hooked up recently which would have been my secondary monitor is now my primary monitor and the original monitor is off (power is on but nothing displays on the screen). I have updated the drivers and uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them as well. I can't get the system to detect two monitors. I have Intel HD Graphics displaying in my device manager. Please help me with this issue. Please see screen shots below Thanks!

0 Kudos
18 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is the exact model number of your processor?

Doc

0 Kudos
LSing3
Beginner

Thanks for the help Al. Here is a link to my processor:

http://ark.intel.com/products/43546/Intel-Core-i5-650-Processor-4M-Cache-3_20-GHz Intel® Core™ i5-650 Processor (4M Cache, 3.20 GHz) Product Specifications

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

That processor and Intel HD graphics are not supported on Windows 10.

Doc

0 Kudos
LSing3
Beginner

so what is the work around? Go back to windows 7?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

That is one possible solution. If your machine is a desktop, you can try finding a compatible PCIe x16 graphics card.

The key word here is compatible. Current graphics cards will claim backward compatibility, may not work.

Doc

0 Kudos
LSing3
Beginner

Hi Al,

Can you please also help me with another issue. I have gone back to windows 7, so both monitors are now working. But I am now having sound issues. I have updated the drivers disable/enable the drivers, and have not made any hardware changes to the system. This sound driver (AMD High Definition Audio Device) shown below has a yellow sign next to it. What do I need to do to get sound working? Thanks!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You will need to go to the AMD support site for your motherboard/system and download/install their audio driver.

You may find this thread helpful: https://community.amd.com/thread/216990 AMD High Definition Audio Device no longer work... | Community

Doc

0 Kudos
LSing3
Beginner

Hi Al,

That link wasn't a real help. Is there any way you might be able to point me directly to the solution. What driver I need?. I have even tried to update the driver from the discs my computer came with but it did not work. I am not a computer person, so really just need to be pointed directly to the solution.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Lakhi916,

In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer. Please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Lakhi916,

I was wondering if you still need assistance regarding the dual monitors you are trying to setup in your computer. In case you still need assistance just let me know.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
LSing3
Beginner

is this safe to do? I don't want any personal info or any info that might expose me to any threats.?

0 Kudos
LSing3
Beginner

Dual monitors are now working fine. Thanks! please let me know if it is safe to post the info about my system on here? I still need help with the sound.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

First of all, the output from this tool that you would be posting is in text format, so you can look at its contents with NotePad, for example. If you see any information being included that you don't want "out there", then you can edit the file and remove this particular information.

Secondly, it is possible to send this file directly to the Intel Customer Support engineer. If you would prefer to do this, say so and Fred will send you a private message that you can respond to with the attachment.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Lakhi916,

I sent to you a private message so you can send to me the Intel® System Support Utility report. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Lakhi916,

I was wondering if you still need assistance regarding the dual display you are trying to set. In case you still need assistance just let me know.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
LSing3
Beginner

Hi Fred, I have sent you my system info thru a personal message. Please let me know if you are able to help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Lakhi916,

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further assistance. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos