Items with no label
3335 Discussions

suggestions needed for zr300 camera compatible upboards and netbooks?

szhu4
Beginner

Hello there,

I just purchased a zr300 camera looking to build ROS compatible robot for education purpose. From official documents I learnt that intel joule board has been tested to work with the camera with linux. However, I would like to consider other options such as notebooks around 400 dollars and upboard square. Has someone had any experience with those choices? or should i stick to the joule kits for a safer bet here?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The Joule board has been scheduled to be discontinued at the end of this year (along with Edison and Galileo), so if you purchase one (if you do not already have one) then it may not receive further updates. If the Joule board can satisfy your project needs in its current state though then it may be worth considering.

In theory, the ZR300 would work with any notebook that can meet its hardware specifications and was running the Linux OS. I do not have a recommendation of a specific model though.

This post by McCool may be of use to you in making a decision.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The Joule board has been scheduled to be discontinued at the end of this year (along with Edison and Galileo), so if you purchase one (if you do not already have one) then it may not receive further updates. If the Joule board can satisfy your project needs in its current state though then it may be worth considering.

In theory, the ZR300 would work with any notebook that can meet its hardware specifications and was running the Linux OS. I do not have a recommendation of a specific model though.

This post by McCool may be of use to you in making a decision.