Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Skyrim SE shadow glitches and CTD's Intel HD 5500 iGPU

hNasi
Beginner

My Skyrim SE, though playable, has constant crashes to desktop every few minutes or so, as well as a highly noticeable shadow glitch that results in them looking striped in every situation. My iGPU is an intel HD 5500.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Cueyo,

I would like to request more information regarding your system configuration, so please respond the information below.

• Provide your computer model.
  • Operating system installed.
  • Please let us know the driver version you are running? Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
hNasi
Beginner

my computer is an HP r15, running an i5 5200U (Broadwell-U). It has 2 physical cores and 4 logical ones, 4 threads, a 2.2 GHz base clock speed, and a turbo of 2.7 GHz. The CPU family is 6th gen (though it does not take as well to 6th and 7th gen drivers), the model is "D", and the Ext model is "3D". The computer is running Windows 10 and the driver version (which I should note I changed yesterday to a different version that I read about on online forums) is "20.19.15.4444", Additionally I'd like to add that this crashing problem extends to Fallout 4 much more than Skyrim SE. Though with this driver version I have fixed my Skyrim issues, I feel there is a potential better fix for it, as well as one that will cover Fallout 4. Finally, I found that the issue with shadows was in fact with the SSAO, and not the shadows themselves, resulting in stripes over every shadow covered object, this was solved by turning it off.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you all of this information Cueyo.

I want to let you know that the driver version you currently have installed is older one, so I would like to start by updating it to the latest version from our end. Below you will find the instructions for the installation and the driver in question.

Intel® HD Graphics driver version .4624: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26682/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=86210 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40]

Instructions to install the driver: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows...

Please let me know it goes.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
hNasi
Beginner

The driver version now says that it is 20.19.15.4624, is the correct number, or should it say 15.40 somewhere in the driver?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

15.40 is for Intel's reference, the numbers you should focus are the last four digits .4624.

Hope that the driver fixed the issue.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos