Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Does Intel provide Release Notes for it's Wireless Driver updates ?

WDegu
Beginner

Does Intel provide Release Notes for it's Wireless Driver updates ? (eg Intel PROSet/Wireless 18.12.0 that was released last week).

It would be benefitial for customers to have some information on what issues are fixed.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

WayneD,

Unfortunately, there are no release notes available for the time being and we a reporting your feedback for the necessary measures. However, we would like to know if there is any specific information you would like to know about the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software version 18.12.0 or any other recent update so we can see what can be done while we don't have the release notes.

GGiun1
Beginner

I also would like to have some release notes for new releases of the Proset package.

Nothing fancy, just the usual stuff. The idea is that I want to know if I will gain some benefit by installing the update or if I can reasonably skip it.

- any security fixes in them?

- bugfixes / improvements for older chipsets drivers?

- improvements / new features to the packaged tools?

- is it just a version adding support for new chipsets?

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Gggeek,

As informed above, there are no release notes available for the time being. However, if you have any specific questions about an specific adapter please let us know.

0 Kudos