Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Windows 10 Intel HD Control panel blank pages

AMirm
Beginner

Hi,

I have MSI GS60 laptop with Intel HD and a discrete NVidia GTX 870. I just upgraded to windows 10. Now, after the upgrade (which also upgraded Intel HD), I can open the graphics control panel but most of the pages are blank. I can not change any settings.

Except for control panel, everything else is working fine but I need to change the color quantization range because I connect my monitor via HDMI and I need full RGB range and good quality.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still no lock.

+ If anyone knows how to temporarily fix color quantization range ( e.g. via registry) I would appreciate any help

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Henry_A_Intel1
Employee

Hello xfactor5;

This is weird with the Display control panel been empty.

Could you please provide me with the Intel HD chipset that is running.

Also the version of driver installed. This can be found either on the Device Manager or under program installed.

Also you could try from Device Manager - Uninstall the Intel Driver and putting a check under delete this driver/software.

Reboot the system

And install the latest driver.

If you can send me the chipset Intel HD been use on this system I will be more than glad to send you the link to download the driver.

0 Kudos
AMirm
Beginner

Thanks for your response. I tried re-installing and deleting but again the same thing happened! I tried both MSI version and Generic intel version.

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Report Date: Saturday, September 5, 2015

Report Time [hh:mm:ss]: 3:50:32 PM

Driver Version: 10.18.10.3496

Operating System: Windows* 8.1 (6.3.9600)

Default Language: Persian

Installed DirectX* Version: 11.0

Supported DirectX* Version: 11.0

Shader Version: 5.0

OpenGL* Version: 4.2

OpenCL* Version: 1.2

Physical Memory: 16303 MB

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz

Processor Speed: 2494 MHz

Vendor ID: 8086

Device ID: 0416

Device Revision: 06
0 Kudos
Henry_A_Intel1
Employee

I am sorry it did not work.

I also forgot to mention to uninstall all Intel Control Panel and Intel Graphic driver from Uninstall or change programs.

Also according to the infromation send you windows is running under the language

Operating System: Windows* 8.1 (6.3.9600)

Default Language: Persian

And is not running the latest driver please uninstall the current one install the new one

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25232/Intel-Iris-Iris-Pro-and-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64bit https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25232/Intel-Iris-Iris-Pro-and-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64bit

also please verify that all the setting on you system are set for the correct language and region.

1. 1. Go to the Windows* Control Panel.
  2. 2. Open the icon Regional and Language Options.
  3. 3. Select Administrative tab and select Change system locale.

1. 4. Select the language of preference from the drop-down list.

1. 5. Select the Formats tab and change the Current format to match the language selected from Current system locale.

1. 6. Click Apply and restart when prompted to "Restart now".
  2. 7. After the restart, open the Intel(R) Graphics Driver's Control Panel by pressing [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[F12].
  3. 8. To confirm the Default Language, choose the information icon at the top right.

For the newer interface, select on Options and Support > Information Center to display the Default Language (see samples below for both interfaces).

0 Kudos
AMirm
Beginner

Thanks again! I first installed the latest version, then there was the blank pages. I contacted MSI support and they asked to remove it and install the one from MSI website (downgrade). I did and still the same problem.

Also my default language is English, I have Persian besides that.

And I am using windows 10, while the report shows windows 8.1!

Now shall I again download the new version?

0 Kudos
Ricardo_G_Intel1
Employee

Are you getting the same blank page using the one from MSI website? The diference from the OEM driver (MSI) and the one is in our website, is that MSI have the driver customized for your desktop / laptop, the one is in our web site is a generic driver. You may see the driver version number diferrent, this is not a downgrade, the OEM uses diferrent number.

0 Kudos
AMirm
Beginner

Yes, I downloaded the one from MSI's website and still the same problem I contacted their support and they suggested reinstalling/removing and it did not work. It appears that I have to contact them again!

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

This type of issue might happen due to a windows registry problem.

You could try system restore or reload the operating system and reinstall the latest graphics driver.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25489/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 [15.40][4th Gen]

Allan.

0 Kudos
INede1
Beginner

I have exactly the same problem.

Latest Intel Drivers

Has anyone found any solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

This is still under investigation, I do not have an estimate time of resolution. Any solution to this problem will be posted here:

Allan.

0 Kudos