cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 installer doesn't detect Intel 535 SSD, while Windows 7 installer does

RAmih
New Contributor II

I've bought Intel 535 SSD (240gb) for my ASUS R510LB notebook. I replaced it with the old HDD. The BIOS detect the SSD, but Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 15.04 installers don't recognize the SSD (even from DISKPART and GParted). The only installer to recognize the SSD is Windows 7 installer. I tried to boot the installers from USB and disc (in LEGACY and UEFI).

What I've tried so far:

1) Change some options in BIOS

2) Reset the BIOS

3) Load the lastest Intel RAID drivers (fron https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25165/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver this link) in Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 installers

4) Upgrade to WIN10 from WIN7. Ends with blue screen "Your PC ran into problem and needs to restart", and afterwards it restores WIN7.

5) Clone WIN10 from HDD to SSD with 'EaseUS'. After the process, I plugged the SSD and power on, but after a minute the system freezes, the blue screen " Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" appears, the system restart, and all above happens again..

6) Check for firmware updates with the SSD Toolbox (in WIN7). It says I have the latest firmware for the Toolbox current version.

7) Format the SSD to MBR and GPT. In case of GPT the BIOS doesn't detect the SSD at all.

What do I need to do in order to make Windows 10 installer detect the SSD?? Why only Windows 7 detects the SSD?

9 REPLIES 9

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello RonAM,

Please try to boot in IDE Mode. Also, the BIOS needs to be updated to support devslp capabilities.

It is also important to verify with the motherboard manufacturer to make sure it supports devsleep.

RAmih
New Contributor II

I talked with Asus support. My CPU (i7 4500U) supports 'DevSlp' but there is no information about 'DevSlp' support for my motherboard.

In my BIOS, I can't switch to IDE mode.

RAmih
New Contributor II

Can somebody help me please?

Why WIN7 is the only OS to recognize the SSD?

I could understand if the BIOS wasn't recognize the SSD at all, but it's not the case... It is illogical.

RAmih
New Contributor II

And still... No reply, and neither no firmware update.

The problem is not my laptop, I've tried another 2 different SSD and everything worked fine.

Next time I'll know not to buy an Intel SSD.