Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20632 Discussions

Custommodeapp.exe in Windows 8.1

TC5
Beginner

Hi,

I have just bought a mini pc with Intel HD graphics (7th generation) running on Intel AtomTM quad-core (4C/4T) Z3735F outputting through my Yamaha VX675 amp to my Panasonic 42 inch plasma TV (TH42PX60B).

The resolution for the PC that Windows 8.1 is outputting is wrong, and there is no option for the correct one of 1366 x 768. I have the latest intel drivers, but the Intel graphics control panel does not offer custom mode (the option simply isn't there under "Display". When I try to run custommodeapp.exe that does not run either.

How can I create this custom resolution please?

Thanks,

Tom

1 Solution
Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello tomchap81

Custom modes are integrated with Intel HD Graphics Control Panel on the latest drivers and a separate Custom Modes App is no longer needed. You can access Custom Resolutions by opening the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel, click the Display tile, click the Display dropdown and select Custom Resolutions. You may get more additional information on this forum

Additionally, you may try these drivers https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/85552/Intel-HD-Graphics-for-Intel-Atom-Processor-Z3700-Series Intel® Download Center

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello tomchap81

Custom modes are integrated with Intel HD Graphics Control Panel on the latest drivers and a separate Custom Modes App is no longer needed. You can access Custom Resolutions by opening the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel, click the Display tile, click the Display dropdown and select Custom Resolutions. You may get more additional information on this forum

Additionally, you may try these drivers https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/85552/Intel-HD-Graphics-for-Intel-Atom-Processor-Z3700-Series Intel® Download Center

0 Kudos