Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Problems with the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265

abhut2
Novice

Hello, I recently bought Aorus x5 laptop and since day 1 I am facing WiFi problems. I got it checked by the manufacturer and the ISP and they said that the problem lied within the network adapter. The problem is that outside the room of the router, it does not exceed 2-3 mbps download speed but all my other devices with thrice the distance from the router than aorus laptop get about 70 mbps of speed to 80 mbps. I have looked up and have had my network driver updated to the latest software and have it to the best settings to maximise performance. I have to sit right next to the router to get about 50 mbps of speed with this laptop but other devices get internet in any room of the house with 70-80 mbps. Now you may wonder that the problem lies within the laptop but that is not the case because i got it rechecked and then got another laptop and the same problem lies within that laptop as well. Then, after a bit of researching, I found out that the problem lies within the wireless network card on this laptop that it came up with. I have full internet signals on this laptop but as I move away from the router like about 5-6 metres, the download speed goes as far down as 0.3 mbps and the laptop is brand new and all updated with all the drivers and I am using windows 10 64 bit

Here are the specs of the laptop:

• Most Powerful 15.6"SLI Gaming Laptop: 22.9mm / 2.5kg (0.9 in. / 5.51 lbs)
  • Supreme Efficiency with 5th Gen. Intel® Core™ i7 Processor
  • Tear-free, Super Smooth & Fast with G-SYNC
  • NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 965M SLI GDDR5 8GB
  • 16 GB RAM

I have read other forums with people facing problems with this network card so I would ask for a downgrade and i have tried that but for some reason I cannot get it so I need help and I am sure that all the settings are right. I merely need a downgrade to fix the problem.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

LEONFIRE,

We understand you are using Windows*10 in this laptop. We would like to inform you that this OS has a feature that may be impacting your connection. Please disable the feature known as Windows Update Delivery Optimization (WUDO). I have noticed improvement with my download speeds after I disabled it. *Note that this worked for me but that does not mean it will work for you as it will depend on your usage. This is how you disable this feature:

• Go to Settings in the Start menu
  • Search for Update & Security
  • Under Windows Update, open Advanced Options
  • Under Choose How Updates are Installed, select Choose how updates are delivered
  • Disable the toggle under Updated from More than One Place

Does your router have AC capabilities? If not, you can do the following since you've mentioned you already set it for High Performance.

1 - Go to Device Manager >> Network Adapters

2 - Right click on the adapter and select Properties.

3 - Select the Advanced Tab and set value on the U-APSD support to Disabled

4 - Set the value of Transmit Power to 5. Highest

5 - Set the Preferred Band to Prefer 2.4GHz Band

6 - Set the HT Mode to HT Mode for 801.11n compatibility. VHT Mode is for 802.11ac

7 - *You can also set the 802.11n Channel Width for 2.4GHz to limit 20MHz - *20MHz has smaller penetration capabilities which improves the connection signal

Please, also have Bluetooth* turned off if there isn't any Bluetooth* device that needs to be connected to your computer because the wireless and Bluetooth* Combo card shares the same bandwidth and antennas and by turning it off the adapter will have the entire bandwidth and all the antennas.

0 Kudos
abhut2
Novice

Hello,

I have sent the aorus laptop to the company to check for any problems but the store said that the problems were not with laptop but we will still send it to see for any problems but i would describe my problem as something in the laptop going haywire when there is a brickwall betweem the router and the device itself or like few metres distance between the source of internet and the device whilst other devices are working perfectly.

I will see if the problem persists after it comes back but i have faced this problem since i got it and i would be glad to sort it out. I have ac router and 100 mbps broadband.