Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Intel Update Driver Utility Shows two Graphics update,help!

Mzo
Beginner

Hey Guys! I just upgraded my laptop to win10, So I had to update my drivers as well, When Intel Shows me the list of drivers, It would show me two under graphics, so when i upgrade, they both become the version of the last driver i installed.

In this pic i attached, I had intel Iris Pro and HD Graphics for windows 10.Both Under Graphics category, Latest version of Iris is : 15.40.4.64.4256 But in HD Graphics it's : 15.33.38.64.4252.

I dont know which should I install since when i update "HD Graphics" both become 15.33.38.64.4252. Then The "Intel Iris" would be outdated. And when i update "Intel Iris". both become 15.40.4.64.4256, Which is past the latest version of the "HD Graphics". Please enlighten me on this one. I'm kind of a noob with this so bare with me. Thank you so much in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bryce__Intel
Employee

HI BrainFreeze

If you're using Win10, and 15.40 is available for you through WU, please use 15.40. This is the correct driver branch for Win10. The other driver listed is for Win7 & 8.1.

I would advise checking the manufacturers website for a 15.40 driver and install that whenever possible rather than using the Intel generic version though. OEM drivers can contain fixes specific to their hardware that you most likely want. Thanks.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Bryce__Intel
Employee

HI BrainFreeze

If you're using Win10, and 15.40 is available for you through WU, please use 15.40. This is the correct driver branch for Win10. The other driver listed is for Win7 & 8.1.

I would advise checking the manufacturers website for a 15.40 driver and install that whenever possible rather than using the Intel generic version though. OEM drivers can contain fixes specific to their hardware that you most likely want. Thanks.

Mzo
Beginner

Hi there! Bryce@intel, Did you check the attachment?Im using intel driver update utility, Coz i wanted to update my laptop display which is Intel HD Graphics 4600. So I will just update the Intel Iris Pro? it's the one with 15.40. But in my pic the intel HD Graphics latest version shows 15.33. And when i update iris it goes 15.40, but it is beyond the latest version that shows in the picture for Intel HD Graphics Driver..

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Yes I saw the picture I said WU instead of IDUU by mistake, thanks for catching that. There's two versions listed because both drivers support HSW so when it systematically pulls up all drivers that support Win10 and HSW, it finds and offers both choices. I'd advise selecting 15.40 though because it is a WDDM 2.0 driver which is developed for Win10 and has the added Win10 feature capabilities. If it instead installs a higher version than shown in your pic, all the better for you. It found and installed the latest driver for you.

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

To further follow up on this, I was told IDUU currently doesn't have the ability to tell that 10.18.15.4256 (MSFT # ) is the same as 15.40.4.4256 (Intel pkg - inc. Audio driver) so it offers both.

This is a known issue and we're working to resolve it. Thank again for bringing this to our attention.

0 Kudos
Mzo
Beginner

Hi Sir Bryce!@Intel, sorry for being inactive lately, was busy with life.. anyway,

everytime i try to update my graphics card to 15.40, windows 10 always

downgrades it back to 10.18 =( what am i supposed to do T^T.. there is no

option in windows 10 to choose what/what not to update..thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

15.40 and 10.18...

10.18 is the Graphics driver version which Microsoft will show in all informational reports like Device Manager. 15.40 is the Intel package, this also contains the audio driver. The last 4 digits will reflect the same driver between both if they are the same driver though. Notice 4256 is the same last four digits in my previous message? That indicates they're the same driver.

0 Kudos
Mzo
Beginner

Yes but when i check Intel Driver Update Utility 2.2 After Updating to 15.40.. it shows the latest driver i have is 15.40.. so that's ok. But when Windows 10 updates on its own, It reverts back to 10.18 when i check Driver Update Utility 2.2..

0 Kudos