Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Intel 5100 driver version 13.1.1.1 no longer supports frame burst?

idata
Employee

I have HP dv6t Quad running Windows 7 Professional 64 with an Intel WiFi Link 5100 card. I recently upgraded the wireless driver from version 13.0.0.107 to 13.1.1.1. I use Windows wireless to run the card as I do not need the added features or load time of ProSet. I noticed that my connection speed has slowed down somewhat and that the "Throughput Enhancement" i.e. Frame-burst tab is no longer avaiable under the Advanced tab. I could not find any release notes saying this feature was removed. I this a bug or by design. I had to roll back the driver to 13.0.0.107 the get the frame-bursting back and my speed improved.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

This is by design. I don't think this option would have any impact on the adapter performance. Did you change anything in your router settings?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

No none and there is no mention of this being removed in the change log.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

mojoe,

I guess my question then would be, does that mean frame-burst is dynamically enabled if your router supports it (as mine does)? Or has frame-burst been removed from the current version of this driver? Thanks again.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This option was designed for the legacy old HW. Your adapter is not legacy. You are using the 5100 adapter which is 11n capable. Make sure that your AP is 11n capable and properly configured.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

My router is a Linksys WRT54G running in G-mode I have not had the need to upgrade yet, so does that mean the adapter can detect I am runnning frame-burst dymanically or it no longer supports it? Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Your router is legacy. In other words, it's not 11n (high throughput) capable. 5100 adapter is fully 11n capable adapter. If you are want to enhance the performance of the wireless link, then i recommend upgrading your AP.

0 Kudos