Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Audio input and output jack controller

CHeis
Beginner

Anybody got a clue to what controls the speakers and audio in/out jacks?? I have a HP ENVY HP ENVY 17t-3200 CTO Notebook PC product No. A6U49AAR with an intel System Board 1853 71.14 after a Win-10 update a few months ago internal speakers and the jack pack stopped working. The jack pack is just gone and I get this error 2017-01-31 20:49:48 Audio [P] Failed 9W72J2-6AT8GX-PXGX1F-21BN03. I can only get audio in/out Via a USB dongle. It seems as tho the internal microphones and speakers go through the jack pack. So my main question is what piece on software controls that piece of hardware???

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello AV-Carl,

It is possible that you are missing the audio driver for your computer. The audio driver is the piece of software that will indicate the operating system how to communicate with the audio system. So, let's check your audio driver version, use the link below to find the steps;

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-check-the-audio-driver-version-audio-card-Hardaware/td-p/2000549 How to check the audio driver version, audio card Hardaware ... - HP Support Forum - 2000549

I would also like to check the Intel® HD Graphics version you have installed, from our end the audio driver is included in this driver. So, provide this information too; go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
CHeis
Beginner

@

I have tried every IDT driver I could find, I am running Microsoft Win-10 audio drivers now and when is set speakers and headphones as default and run test the green audio VU meter responds as it should but there is no sound from the laptop speakers.

It seems all in/out external audio must go through the 3.5MM jacks on the side of my computer when it was working correctly if you plugged in external speakers the internal speakers shut off, external microphone would shut off internal microphones.

This all started after a Win-10 update, when I was editing a movie and wanted to add a voice over. I plugged in my external Mic. as I have done many times in the past and set it as default but there was no audio coming in. I then tried my audio editing software and it didn't work either, it reported "incompatible audio drivers"

I started searching on line for advice, After many tries with different drivers to no avail HP recommended uninstalling all drivers associated with audio, I did so and the 3.5MM jacks disappeared System Diags. report Audio [P] Failed 9W72J2-6AT8GX-PXGX1F-21BN03

I am not the only one with this problem I have seen many people on line whit the same problem they all seem to have an HP similar to mine.

Model: HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC

Serial Number: 3CO23499TY

Product ID: A6U49AAR

I have worked around this by using a USB to 3.5MM audio dongle, I also have an audio mixer so I can do just about everything I need to and both NCH WavePad and Audacity have provided updates to work with the Win-10 audio drivers.

0 Kudos
CHeis
Beginner

I forgot the graphics driver info..

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The driver you currently have installed is the latest version available from our end for this graphics controller. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling that driver, but it seems like your audio system is not working as expected with Windows® 10. You can always give it a try;

Uninstalling the Intel® HD Graphics driver;

1. Open the Device Manager
  2. Expand the Display Adapters section.
  3. Find the Intel Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver).
  4. Right click Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
  5. Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device.
  6. Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.

Installing the Intel® HD Graphics, "Have Disk" method;

1. Login with administrator privileges
  2. Open Control Panel
  3. Open Device Manager
  4. Click on "Display adapters"
  5. Double click "Intel HD Graphics"
  6. Click on the "Driver" tab
  7. Click on "Update Driver" button
  8. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"
  9. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
  10. Click on "Have Disk" button
  11. Click "Browse"
  12. Navigate to the folder that you unzipped the Intel HD Graphics driver to
  13. Navigate to the Graphics sub-folder
  14. Double click the igdlh64.inf or igdlh.inf file <-- depends on if you have 32 or 64 bit OS</li>
  15. Click "OK"
  16. Click "Next", Driver should now be installing.
  17. If successful, click "Close", Reboot.

Here is the driver; https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81499/Intel-HD-Graphics-4000 Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 4000

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/110838 AV-Carl I am following up your thread, and I wanted to know if you were able to follow my suggestion.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos