Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

Intel Dual Band 8260 adapter disapeared

DStrn
Beginner

Hi, on my girlfriend´s new laptop the Intel Dual Band Wireless 8260 adapter disapeared. Model is Asus Zenbook flip 360UA. She was browsing google chrome when suddenly she lost connection. I noticed the adapter was missing so i tried to reinstall it. Didnt worked. Then i tried recovery (4 days back). Adapter showed up but it again stoped working after 30 minutes. I noticed another problem (cant unninstall Google Chrome) i run Avast antivirus check after restart and nothing. Another thing i noticed is when i was intalling drivers. The installation didnt created some files. For example C:/Windows/system32/drivers/netwbw02.sys and others.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Muficek,

As we understand, the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 in a new Asus* PC is not being detected. Here are some initial recommendations based on your description of the issue:

- Please keep in mind that you should contact the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support or its authorized service provider for assistance about this, specially considering that this is a new computer.

- Since you mentioned that it worked before, and also after you did a system restore, check for any applications, or system updates that may be causing this behavior. Remove any programs that may be triggering this issue. Additionally, the issues with Google* Chrome suggest a problem not related to the wireless adapter itself.

- Check the BIOS and make sure that the internal WLAN device is enabled.

- We strongly recommend to contact the PC manufacturer and make sure you are using up-to-date BIOS in the PC. Restoring the BIOS to defaults may also help.

For additional assistance, please provide the following information:

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool and use it to create a report with all sections, on the next screen, Save the report to a file. Then use the Advanced editor options to add the resulting XML file to your post as an attachment.

- Were there any changes made to the system around the time this started happening? (New hardware, Windows* updates, new software, etc.).

Regards,

Jonathan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Muficek,

We haven't seen any updates for this thread. Feel free to let us know if you require further assistance.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos