Items with no label
3335 Discussions

How can I scan in short range (less than 0.7m) with R200?

DGodo
Beginner

i have a spectre X2 whit R200 camera, and i need scan in short range because a limited space where the subject is, if is any option to scan more closely will be fine for me.

Beforehand thank you very much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Intel staffer David Lu stated in 2015 to somebody asking the same question that the minimum scan distance of the R200 cannot be changed, and the minimum distance is 60 cm (0.6 m / 600 mm). An Intel article on scanning backed up this minimum value.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Intel staffer David Lu stated in 2015 to somebody asking the same question that the minimum scan distance of the R200 cannot be changed, and the minimum distance is 60 cm (0.6 m / 600 mm). An Intel article on scanning backed up this minimum value.

jb455
Valued Contributor II

If you turn the depth image resolution down to 320*240, you'll be able to get closer to the subject - around 40-50cm usually.

MartyG
Honored Contributor III
0 Kudos
DGodo
Beginner

Now i begins testing on that resolution, Thanks you very much JB!

0 Kudos
LSine
Beginner

would this same technique work to get more distance out of SR300?

0 Kudos
jb455
Valued Contributor II

csineni: You may find this useful: https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/setivcammotionrangetradeoff_device_pxccapture.html SetIVCAMMotionRangeTradeOff. I haven't tried it myself, just found it whilst looking through the SDK docs.

0 Kudos