Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Intel My WiFi (Wireless-N 1030 adapter) internet sharing issue with mobile phone

idata
Employee

Hello, i have Dell XPS 15 l502x with wireless-N 1030 adapter which allows me to make virtual wireless network.

Using Intel MWT Utility tool i create network and i can connect to it with my Android phone.

MWT utility tools shows that my device is connected, that it got Ip address, but everything changes when i turn Internet sharing. Now there is no assigned ip address, this tool just shows that my device is connected, sometimes that it tries aquire IP.

The interesting part with internet sharing is that i can browse internet for like 2 seconds and then connection is lost, i have to reconnect my phone and same story again.

Tried to install sofwtare from Intel website and Dell support page, but always same problem.

Does anyone has this issue too ? maybe this is faulty hardware ? or just software issues, i am using Windows 7 x64

0 Kudos
0 Replies