Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14400 Discussions

Intel Quad Q6600 in 50ºC

idata
Employee

I'm having a problem with my quad processor Q6600, he is very warming. For example when he is in the idle the temperature is 50 º C. I use it with the cooler box and five other fan in the case. I do not know what to do, I even changed the thermal paste but still does not help much. Should I change cooler?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Adolfo_S_Intel2
Employee

The maximum recommended temperature for the Q6600 is 71 degrees Celsius, so as long as the processor runs below 71 degrees Celsius, it will be running under specifications, and there is no need to worry about it.

Just make sure that the processor will not run above this temperature when running in full load.

idata
Employee

Well, i make a test using the program prime95 and the temperature exceed a little 70ºC. I not left the program running for a long time because when he arrived at 70 º C I was worried about damaging the processor.

0 Kudos
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

Are you still using the stock Intel cooler ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes, i still use stock cooler.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

the 71 is at the tjunction, a specific spot on the CPU. it is not the temps you will be seeing in the monitoring tools.

I wouldnt worry about it running hot unless you notice it starts throttling or shutting down.

The only things you can do about it is check that the fan is seated correctly or get another fan.

0 Kudos
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

I don't know how many $ you have in your SYS , But if you are really worried about keeping the CPU cool , There are good H2O solutions ,Like Cousair 9 H-50 ) Pump radiator all in one Kit , I have two they are quite , and they work , I have one on a QX9650 clocked at 3.8 and it never gets above 48C under Max Load.. It's about $ 70.00 at Newegg.

0 Kudos