Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20596 Discussions

P67 SATA hot swap only with Microsoft drivers?

idata
Employee

Hi there,

I just bought myself an Asus P8P67 Deluxe mainboard with a Core i7 2600K processor. I am running Windows 7 64bit and I'm not able to get SATA hot swap working with the Intel drivers (controller is set to AHCI). Windows won't let me safely remove the disk. When using the built-in Microsoft drivers all is well. Is this a known bug in the Intel drivers and is there some way to fix this, i.e. making it possibly to safely remove the disk when using the Intel drivers? Are there any limitations when using the built-in Microsoft drivers regarding performance etc.?

TIA,

Uli

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Same issue and experience here with a H67 chipset and board from Gigabyte...

Regards

/Andreas

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I had this problem and found a solution.

All ports on this board (and possibly all ASUS P67 boards) have hot-swap disabled on all ports. You can go into the BIOS and change the hot-swap setting for each individual port. I just did this and it works perfectly.

I'm working from memory here, so a few things might be off but this is how you get to the setting in the BIOS:

1. Start your computer. When the ASUS Logo screen comes up, hit the "Delete" key to enter the BIOS.
  2. Go to the "Advanced" BIOS screen.
  3. Click on the "Advanced" tab.
  4. Click on "SATA Configuration".

I'm pretty sure that's how you get in there. If not, just click around until you find it, it's not a hidden setting.

Hope this helps...

.frankiejr

0 Kudos