Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

I have an Wireless AC 7265, this accept an a hoc connection?

AOsor2
Beginner

I would like to now if this adapter accept a hoc net connection, if not please send another one to do this function. Thank you.

Regards

Ing. Alfonso Antonio Osorio Cid

email: mailto:aosoriosaul@hotmail.com aosoriosaul@hotmail.com

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

aosoriosaul,

The Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 supports Ad-hoc connections Please access this link: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005585.html Advanced Wi-Fi Adapter Settings for more information on this matter. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist you.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
AOsor2
Beginner

Look, when i send this command, in windows 10, apears hoc = no admidtance

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

aosoriosaul,

Please, check if your wireless adapter is running the latest drivers, if not, please obtain the latest drivers from the computer manufacturer.

As a second option, you can try our latest generic drivers found in our download center. For your convenience, here is the link to it: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26096/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=83635 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10 - Make sure to install the drivers according to your OS architecture ( 32 or 64 Bit)

In most cases, a clean installation may resolve this situation. Here is how you can do it:

1. Download and save the drivers from the link above.

2. Then, go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

8. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

12. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.

Let us know if this steps helped you resolve this situation.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
AOsor2
Beginner

Thank you so much, the last action, resolve the problem, thank you so much.

Best Regards

Alfonso Antonio Osorio Cid

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

aosoriosaul,

We are glad to know that this situation has been resolved after the drivers were updated. Should you need any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos