Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

I have come here in desperation

SAlex8
Beginner

Hello friends,

I have been dealing with an issue which I cannot resolve, the issue is my network adaptor. It is an Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230.

The laptop I use is the HP ENVY m6 Notebook, the OS is Windows 8.1.

The problem is I keep disconnecting every 5-10 seconds or it might say that my network is limited. I have no clue what to do I have tried so many things.

I have tried uninstalling the adaptor to installing the latest driver on the intel website to changing a lot of settings in the wireless adaptor and many more. I have made no progress I'm back to square one and I don't know what to do. I have several other devices in the house that work perfect so I am positive it has nothing to do with the router. Any help or suggestions would mean the world to me.

Please help.

Thank you for listening to what I had to say.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SAlex8
Beginner

I think i've fixed it for now.

I disabled bluetooth in device manager and haven't had and disconnects.

idata
Employee

Shaymoe2,

Thanks for letting us know that this situation has been resolved after the Bluetooth* was disabled.

Please let us know if you notice that this situation is back. Should you have any further questions or doubts please don't hesitate to contact us.

For your convenience, here is a link that contains information about Intel® Wireless Adapters that might be helpful in the future:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005995.html Intel® Wireless Technology FAQ

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005544.html?wapkw=intel+wi-fi+recommended+settings Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity

Please, let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist you.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Shaymoe2,

We haven't heard from you in a while so we would like to know if the information we have provided previously helped you resolve the situation presented.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos