Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel 7265 wireless not detecting

idata
Employee

Hello there ,

I have Intel wireless dual band 7265 (not D) device in my HP envy notebook. I just installed Ubuntu Linux 16.04 (latest) as a dual boot with windows 10. My wifi has not been working in Linux since the installation. I tried many ways and also installed the necessary drivers for my Linux kernel 4.+ version in /lib/firmware of my linux. Still the wifi is not working. When I use the command rfkill unblock all though it says there is a soft lock on my wireless card. Can someone who has sound technical knowledge or work around this help me ?

Thank you, Shivam

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi guys I just solved it. The problem was that my wireless card was being detected as acer-wireless whereas I am using HP laptop. So while booting the kernel used to fetch those. Now I read somewhere to go in a system file in /etc directory and blacklist the acer-wmi. I did that and booommmm !!

Here's the link to my solution

https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-nettool/+question/183358 Question # 183358 : Questions : gnome-nettool package : Ubuntu

Finally wifi in linux working after long time. Thanks all !!

idata
Employee

Sinamdar,

Thank you for taking the time and letting us know that this situation has been resolved through the link you have informed. Thank you for also sharing it with us. We are sure other users may benefit from it. Should you need any further assistance regarding Intel® Wireless Adapters on Linux*, this is where you can find support. http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005511.html Linux* Support for Intel® Wireless Adapters

We are at your disposal for any further questions or doubts. Please don't hesitate to contact us should you need our support.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos