Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20455 Discussions

Thinkpad Yoga graphics problem - Code 43

KKysa
Beginner

I have a Thinkpad Yoga with an Intel i7-4600 chip. Upgraded to Windows 10 last fall and recently tried the external monitor and did not work. Checked the device manager and it says the HD Graphics Family "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". I have tried updating the driver but the install always fails. Have also upgraded the BIOS and did not help. Tried uninstalling (and deleting) but it automatically comes right back to the same problem. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
KKysa
Beginner

Update.....I fixed in on my own. The ThinkPad web site kept referring to the same version of drivers so went to Intel and it showed a different version (10.18.10.4252). Tried to load it but the auto check would stop it every time due to it not being certified for this machine. I used Device Manger to force the Intel update (that I had saved onto my hard drive) and even though not certified to work, it fixed everything.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KKysa
Beginner

Update.....I fixed in on my own. The ThinkPad web site kept referring to the same version of drivers so went to Intel and it showed a different version (10.18.10.4252). Tried to load it but the auto check would stop it every time due to it not being certified for this machine. I used Device Manger to force the Intel update (that I had saved onto my hard drive) and even though not certified to work, it fixed everything.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, kkysar:

I am glad to hear that you were able to get this fixed with the installed drivers.

If you require any further information or support, do not hesitate to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos