Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Mobile 945 Express Chipset

idata
Employee

I own a Samsung netbook, and recently migrated from Windows XP Home to Windows 7 Home Premium (32 bit). I ran pcAnywhere 10.5 on Windows XP. It will not run on Windows 7, and had to be uninstalled. However, the 945 chipset seems to "rely" on one of pcAnywhere's drivers - a file called AW_HOST5.SYS. This file is not compatible with Windows 7, and an error message pops up at system startup.

I've been tinkering with the problem, and replaced this file with AW_HOST.SYS (a Microsoft driver) and AWLEGACY.SYS (another pcAnywhere driver). In addition, the affected registry settings. But the graphics functionailty (e.g. resolution) seems limited with these drivers. Is there another more suitable driver out there which will replace AW_HOST5.SYS?

Appreciate any assistance available out there.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Personally i would do a fresh install of window 7 and then do the windows updates after that see if there are any drivers missing in teh device manager.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Oh boy...isn't there a solution that's a little less drastic than that?

Does anyone have a listing of all driver files that SHOULD be installed/running with this chipset? If so, I might be able to find a suitable replacement for AW_HOST5, AW_HOST, AWLEGACY, etc.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Intel obliged to release new drivers for 945 family because last drivers were released a year ago and contain many errors.

0 Kudos