Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14546 Discussions

Pentium 4 versus Pentium Dual Core

idata
Employee

Hallo und guten Tag

kann mir jemand sagen welcher Prozessor unter W XP schneller arbeitet, der Intel Pentium 4 / 2,66 GHz oder der Intel Pentium Dual Core 1,733 GHz?

In meinem PC befindet sich ein Bord ASUS P$PE bestückt mit einem Pentium 4 / 2,66 GHz. Ich hätte gern einen schnelleren Prozessor für den Sockel 478 und FSB 533/400 MHz.

Für eine Antwort wäre ich sehr dankbar.

Gruß

misch

6 Replies
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

The P4 is a 478 socket , The Pent. dual core is a 775 socket. Not compatable.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Wat is the best processor for the 478 soccet?

Gruß

misch

0 Kudos
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

What socket does the board you have use ? I could not read the model # in your post Type O , ?? If you could give me the right model I could look it up for you and tell you what would be the best components to use. Bob

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

My board is a ASUS P4PE, Socket 478, Chipset Intel 82845PE MCH and Intel 82801 DB ICH4

Thanks

misch

0 Kudos
RGiff
Honored Contributor I

Than the best CPU that you can get for that board is ( intel SL7CH ) part # BX80532PG3400F. This Cpu when they first came out in 2004 cost $999.99, Now you can find them on Ebay for $125.00 . I have a older HP with one in it and it can keep up with most dual cores. The most Ram it can use is 3GB Kingston part# KVR400D2H3/1G , about $20.00 each x 3 .

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

If you want to put money in such config ( i guess sentimental value or something ) the best thing ( that i would of done ) is to try and find an engineering sample out of ebay or somewhere That would be cool. I keep my 478 P4@3.2 still, just for the reason that i loved that pc ( it's not cool to say it here, but now i use another brand of cpu's mainly - it's more cost effective - you get more "bang for the buck" as Americans say ) Still Intel CPU's are in a category of their own, it's like Mercedes and the other cars and the i-core, man that is something that is worth having, i love the i3 for office pc's it's just unbeatable.

0 Kudos