Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

intel centrino wireless N-1000

idata
Employee

Hello. I have an Intel Centrino Wireless N-1000 card on a Lenovo Thinkpad with both Linux (Debian) and Windows 7 operating systems. The wireless card works without issue on Linux, but does not work on Windows. The Windows device driver is updated to the latest available version (15.3.1.2) and the Intel Wireless Troubleshooting tool states that the problem is at the level of an unresponsive DHCP server (which cannot be the case because the same server is responsive to wired connections on either OS or to wireless connections on Linux Debian). The wireless card is configured to automatically select a DNS, but I have also tried using Google's public DNS (8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4), but neither approach is successful. The problem has something to do with Windows or the Windows device drivers given that the same network adapter works in another OS environment, but I am not certain how to proceed. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
0 Replies