Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14397 Discussions

Intel Core i5 3570K 3.40 ghz. 70 degrees

idata
Employee

When I play Assassin's Creed 3, my processor is pretty warm. It's 70 degrees then.

Is it too hot? How can I make the temperature lower then?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

70 is a little warm at full load, but it's nothing to worry about. Once it start's getting into the 80's, then you run the risk of the processor overheating after an extended period of time.

If you want to lower the processor temp, then start looking into an aftermarket cooler. You can find a decent one for around 25 - 30 dollars that will keep your processor at around 50-60 at full load.

But 70 isn't too hot.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

70 is a little warm at full load, but it's nothing to worry about. Once it start's getting into the 80's, then you run the risk of the processor overheating after an extended period of time.

If you want to lower the processor temp, then start looking into an aftermarket cooler. You can find a decent one for around 25 - 30 dollars that will keep your processor at around 50-60 at full load.

But 70 isn't too hot.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Ivy Bridge processors have a TJ maximum of 105*C, so 70*C should be fine depending on the cooling solution. As mentioned above, if you find the load temperatures of your CPU bothersome you should look into some aftermarket cooling. Closed loop watercooling solutions seem to be popular among Ivy Bridge owners, they are relatively cost effective as well.

idata
Employee

So it isn't so hot then!

I'm gonna look for a better cooler then! I have the standard cooler from Intel.

Thanks!

0 Kudos