Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14541 Discussions

Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool cannot read my cache values?!

NFlor2
Beginner

Hi I'm currently inspecting all the components of my pc.

This due to short freezes of the system every now and then (like less then a second) while there is a freeze everything locks up, audio becomes noise, video freezes also the cursor and in games, while watching a movie, doing nothing etc so really everything.

Maybe you could point me in the right direction for that problem.

What I was trying this time was your IPD Tool

So when I installed the software and started it, it happily started doing all kinds of checks until the Cache Test

It just sat there for 5 minutes " --- Reading Cache Size --- "

And after that it showed me this:

When I disabled the cache test the whole test ran just fine and I was greeted with a green window at the end.

These are my specs:

Windows 8 x64 Pro latest updates.

CPU: I5 3550

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V (latest BIOS 1908, Management Engine 8.1 and latest Intel Network Rom https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=22026 NVM Update Utility for Intel® 82579V Gigabit Ethernet PHY Network Connection)

SSD: Crucial M4 128GB

HDD: Hitachi 5K3000 2TB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB

GPU: Integrated at the moment while I sort out where the problem is. Normally it is SLI Asus GTX670 DCII

PSU: Corsair AX760i (the problems existed before I had this power supply)

RAM: 16GB (So 2x) Corsair CML8GX3M2A1600C9

So, does this mean something is wrong with my CPU?

Or is this a bug in the software.

UPDATE: Yesterday I removed my GPU's and went integrated, the freezes were dramatically reduced, but the problems persist, this time under load (e.g. playing games). So this can plausably only mean 2 things, it's really my cpu or my motherboard.

UPDATE 2: Nope it also happens during no load situations...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KKoiz
Beginner

I have the same issue.

but, the test passes if I un-check the cache test item in the test configuration software,

Windows 8 x64 Pro latest updates.

CPU: Xeon E3 1265L v2

Motherboard: Supermicro X9SCM-iiF (Chipset: C204, BMC & IPMI)

SSD: Plextor M5S 256GB

HDD: None

GPU: Matrox g200eW on motherboard

RAM: 16GB (8GB x 2)

Maybe Hyper-V ? Yes I am using Hyper-V.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Ellos,

We haven't heard about any problem with this software; however I'm going to check it out and report it if it's necessary.

In the mean time, you may want to use a 3rd party software such as CPU-Z.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Ellos,

It is possible to have a defective processor, so in order to find out if the unit is or not defective you will need to troubleshoot the system with minimum configuration (processor, motherboard, power supply and 1 memory stick)

Also, make sure your motherboard has the latest BIOS version.

You may want to do a clean installation of the Operating System using the latest drivers, in order to discard if this is a software issue instead of a hardware failure.

If you continue having the same behavior, feel free to contact your local support group for assistance on replacing your product http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contact/phone http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contact/phone

Regards.

0 Kudos