Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20632 Discussions

begging for help...

rdiaz7
Beginner

alot to read i know.

I have been having problems with my graphics card/chip for a long time. my computer is an hp envy m6 windows 8 64-bit, & the graphics card is intel hd graphics 4000, and it's a piece of crap. i play the sims 3, but i bought a new one that requires good graphics, & it crashed my game. it turns out the problem was that i needed to update the graphics, so when i tried to it told me i couldn't because it'll cause technical problems with my computer. so i gave up, and played. it went away, but started again. so i used this link http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033945.htm?wapkw=intel+hd+graphics+4000+update Graphics & Game troubleshooting with Intel graphics products

& it said in update your game to uninstall the driver and reinstall with windows update, so i uninstalled but now, when i try to install again, it doesn't let me. it fails when i try. HELP ME?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
rdiaz7
Beginner

ALSO, i am trying to install graphics adapter wddm1.1 ....

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Please provide the dxdiag report from that system. To get the report, go to start, type dxdiag, then press enter, once the DirectX* Diagnostic opens, click on save all this information, then open that file and copy paste here the information provided there.

0 Kudos
rdiaz7
Beginner

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 6/10/2013, 20:39:18

Machine name: RACHEL

Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130410-1505)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

System Model: HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC

BIOS: F.25

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8088MB RAM

Page File: 3840MB used, 5463MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)

DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)

DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Please try using the driver that is posted here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22842&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208%2C%2064-bit*&DownloadType=Drivers Driver version 15.31.9.64.3165

If you have any issues installing that driver, please write down the full error message as you see it in the screen and let us know what it says.

0 Kudos