Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel B43 Chipset Graphics Control Panel not running.

OCraw
Beginner

I have an HP 4000 Small Form Factor desktop running XP Pro with an Intel B43 Chipset. It has two monitors attached to the VGA and DVI-D outputs.

The problem is that monitor 2 (whichever one I set it to) seems to have decided to rotate through 90 degrees.

The Graphics Control Panel doesn't appear with right-click, ctrl alt f12, the tray or in control panel. I am probably missing something very simple here but two fairly experienced IT technicians are stumped too.

I've updated the driver and Intel's facility tells me I have the most up to date driver. As far as I can see the Control utility should be installed with the driver.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello ojc123,

In your case, I recommend you uninstalling the Intel® Graphics Control panel from the Control Panel.

By doing this, you will remove the software that comes with the driver and then you can install the latest driver we have.

You can download the latest driver from our side at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21828&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%20XP%20%20*&DownloadType=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09Drivers%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09

0 Kudos
OCraw
Beginner

Already done that using that version. It made no difference. Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello ojc123,

In this case, since you have tried the suggested step and you are using an OEM system, I recommend you contacting the system manufacturer (HP) so they can provide specific drivers for your computer.

0 Kudos