Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7437 Discussions

AC 7260 Barely Works NEED REPLACEMENT!!

MBran6
Beginner

I have a HP Envy m7-k010dx with this chip in it. And I can't use my computer for more than 10 minutes without the Wifi going completely out. To make matters worse whenever I try disabling the driver the device manager freezes up and does not respond. I then have to force the computer to shutdown by holding the power button because it will not power down on its own. This has been a recurring problem for the past 4 months now. I've tried a numerous amount of drivers and software all to no avail. This chip is broken and its frustrating that Intel refuses to replace it. I simply want to know if I can replace this chip with one that actually works and won't render my laptop an overpriced paper weight?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Fedup203,

We will be more than glad to assist you with this inconvenience, however, if this wireless adapter is the one installed by factory, we recommend that you contact the OEM first, in this case HP* and inform them about this issue and try their latest driver provided by them. Here is how you can contact them: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support Websites While you check with them, please let us know in details about this issue.

In which circumstances does this occur?

You've mentioned that this issue started 4 months ago, did you change anything in your system prior to this issue?

Does this connection issue occur only with your network or with any other?

Have you checked if your router is running the latest firmware?

What driver version are currently using?

What OS are you using?

0 Kudos