cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Response Technology configuration

idata
Esteemed Contributor III
Smart Response Technology

Hopefully you can see my system info below. I installed my SRT(Smart Response Technology)by the instructions and everything seemed to work and read correctly on the Intel SRT software. So I assume it was working properly, but there was no real way to tell..I ran it like this about a year.

I have now added a

Western Digital Caviar Green WD20EARX 2TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

The SRT is no longer working or at least it doesn't show on the Intel SRT software or the Intl SSD Toolbox..GIgaytes EZ Smart Response tool won't seem to run on my computer.either. The SSD is showing up as cache, but the 750GB is not showing accelerated, like it should.

Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 ATX Mid Tower CaseIntel Core i7-2600K Intel HD Graphics 3000GIGABYTE GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel MotherboardCORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) Intel 311 Series Larsen Creek 20GB 2.5" SATA II SLC Western Digital Caviar Black WD7502AAEX 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"

Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

Does it pick it back up with the new drive unplugged?

I took the 2TB Caviar green loose and rebooted and it seemed to let me set up the the SRT. It showed the 750GB accelerated and the 20 GB SSD as the cache. It seemed right, so I rebooted and it does't show the SSD. So I turned it off and reseated the cables and it showed up again and looked right, so rebooted and it was gone again. Everything seems set right.prior to the reboots.

Every time I connect and disconnect it acts like it is going to work. Then I reboot and it's gone. I went ahead and swapped the power and sata cables and moved the SSD to the sata3 and it seemed to work again. I started double checking by watching the newegg video and following it exactly and in the middle of it a warning came up and said the ssd was no longer available, when I was just watching the video.

Any troubleshooting ideas?

0 REPLIES 0