14536 Discussions

hd graphics for msi a6200 (cr620) with i5 processor issue

idata
Employee

System specs

Windows 7 Home Premium x32

Intel core i5 M 430 @ 2.27GHz x 2

ask for more if needed

i recently had to replace the motherboard and was extremely happy when everything seemed to be booting fine, but then the display would only show in 800x600 or 1024x768. I have a fair bit of experience with computers so i've been trying anything i could think of to fix it. In device manager it reads as "Intel HD Graphics" hardware id: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0046&CC_0300. The message it gives me is "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" furthermore in the details it says "problem code 0000002B" After googling around with this information i've tried:

• installing different drivers for the card from both msi and intel's website
  • reinstalling the hardware
  • reinstalling windows (to ensure the registry keys were all there and up to date)
  • updating the bios through tedious bootable flash drive nonsense

i may have done a couple things more but i've been spacing this out over a couple days.

in any case no need to tell me where the drivers are or anything like that, i know that and this was really a last ditch effort. I do not have spare cash or parts to throw around, to diagnose if the hardware is bad, although if theres another way to do that i'm open to suggestions.

THANK YOU in advance for your time, it is truly appreciated.

Edit: forgot to mention that at startup, if it is properly installed with the msi or intel provided drivers, it freezes (the windows logo stops wavering) at the "starting windows" screen for a good ten minutes or so. If it isn't fully installed and is only using the basic windows driver (device manager just calls it basic vga adapter) it does not freeze. Of course if i'm using that the resolutions it can display in are the same, so thats really no help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

As per the description and steps performed the issue seems to be related to the Processor.

Since this Processor is part of a computer from an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), you should contact the computer manufacturer for the latest updates and technical support information. You should also contact your computer manufacturer or point of purchase regarding processor warranties.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

As per the description and steps performed the issue seems to be related to the Processor.

Since this Processor is part of a computer from an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), you should contact the computer manufacturer for the latest updates and technical support information. You should also contact your computer manufacturer or point of purchase regarding processor warranties.

0 Kudos
AKasi1
Beginner

Hello..I have same problem with MSI CR620 i3 - 370M CPU...after replacing motherboard I have problems with Intel HD Graphics ("Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)").I can only set two resolution, and startup is taking long if I have installed Drivers for Graphics.

Is there any solution for this problem. I have tried to re-install drivers but no help.

Thank's in advance.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I have some questions about your issue:

• Did you try any other troubleshooting steps just as the other person did (such as: re-installing the operating system or updating BIOS)?
  • What is the Intel® HD Graphics driver version and operating system you are using? Did you try more than one driver version?
  • Did you contact your system manufacturer after this hardware replacement?
0 Kudos