Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Laptop fan goes crazy after screen turned off - HD3000 and Dell e6220

idata
Employee

I have a Dell e6220. When the screen is turned off by the graphics adapter, the system goes crazy and begins running very hot and the fan comes on at highest speed and stays there until I click and the screen is turned on again. This happens whether I'm using external monitor or the native monitor. I am using single monitor at a time. I'm running Windows 7, HD 3000 driver version 8.15.10.2279, video bios 2089.11. Anybody seen this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

I have had this problem also with my laptop... look in your event log... you need new firmware for your motherboard and cpu which the present ones are not cutting it.

My computer does this when running Skyrim and leads to the whole computer crashing (turning it self off) and after reboot fan runs full blastand so does the cpu... (only recourse is letting the computer cool down and turning it on and not running graphic intense applications..)

Look for new drivers for your video graphics, your motherboard, cpu, well look to update all your drivers. firmware and bios...

But I doubt it will change a thing you found the flaw in the Intel HD graphics... and since its in the cpu thats flawed also...and then that flaw goes to the motherboard also... basically all these computers that have Intel HD graphics have major problems.

This is the whole reason that Intel will not push for support for the new video games, cause then the general public will see this problem, what better way of hiding it, then not to support their computers with Intel HD in new video games....

Would you broadcast that your computer has flaws, and advertising that say it can can new games, when in reality the computer crashes if it did have support, and if you only care about the cash like Intel, then you'll do nothing but sell as many as you can before anyone finds out... make your money and ignore the problems, support... dont expect much there....

Look at the games it can run with support, can you say outdated...

0 Kudos