Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14526 Discussions

I7 920 vs I5 2320

idata
Employee

Hi

I have been having computer issues (shutting down spontaneously, blue-screened) for several months now. My machine has been shipped to HP twice for repair and we are to the point of a replacement system.

My computer has the I7-920 processor and what HP is offering is a machine with the I5-2320. Which is the better processor?

Help please! Unsure whether or not to take this offer. The entire machine seems to be a few steps down from what I currently own.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

The blue screen is due to hardware problems, or any software (could be drives) that is stopping a hardware form functioning properly.

Try giving ur PC to some another technician or pc geek and ask him to find/fix the problem.

If HP is really offering you a I5, so they get to keep your i7 and do the adjustment themselves fix and keep your i7 and you end up with a i5.

If it is software problem, try formatting your pc and make sure you install the correct driver files this time.

i.e compatible with the OS and make sure it is updated.

idata
Employee

Thanks Adil.

The clock speed is slightly faster on the I5 but not as good anywhere else it would seem.

0 Kudos