Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

i7-2600 temperatures

idata
Employee

I have the core i7-2600 with nvidia 570 gtx and im wondering what are acceptable temperatures? I have recently replaced my PSU from a 600 watt to a 750 watt as my GPU was not getting enough power. Anyway with my original PSU my CPU's idle temps were around 30-35C and load was around 66-70C. With my new PSU the CPU idles at 40-45C and a laod with 70-80C. Are these acceptable or is it unsafe for the CPU to get that hot?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Adolfo_S_Intel2
Employee

The maximum recommended temperature for this processor is 72.6, you can double check this information at:

http://ark.intel.com/products/52213/Intel-Core-i7-2600-Processor-(8M-Cache-3_40-GHz) http://ark.intel.com/products/52213/Intel-Core-i7-2600-Processor-(8M-Cache-3_40-GHz)

In this case I would suggest installing the latest BIOS version for your motherboard, and also making sure that the fan/heatsink is properly attached to the motherboard.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello and Happy New Year to all who make up the community. Sorry for my English, it is bad. I have a problem, I have Intel Core i7 2600, Intel DP67BGB3, 8 GB RAM1600 MHz Corsair Vengeance, EVGA GTX 580 Superclocked, and a power supply Thermaltake Toughpower 700W. I have this team since March 2011,everything has worked perfectly until a week ago when I noticed the CPUtemparature increased in an exaggerated manner, in the Bios, reaching nearly 95 °C, somewhat brutal. To confirm this install two programs to monitor this temperature, Intel Desktop Utility and Real Temp, both programs gave the same results at high temperatures. Under Windows, when the PC is no load the temperature is between 33 ° and 38 °, load software and DirectX11 games, the CPU temperature rises too high to reach the 97 ° and is there where the software warning Intel Desktop Utility.The strangest thing about all this is that when I touch the processor with my hand (being careful concerned, obviously) the discipador of my processor is warm (as it should be), I do not understand, I hope can help me, Thank you all.

0 Kudos