Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

Problem with OpenGL (HD Graphics 4000)

GPark3
Beginner

Hi. I am new to here and this is gonna be my first question

I bought a new game which requires OpenGL acceleration and I thought that it will run quite well but it didn't.

So I checked my graphic card driver version and found it the newest. I Finally, I tried OpenGL extensions viewer in order to check which version of OpenGL is the most supported on my system. I heard that HD Graphics 4000 can support up to version 4.0 of OpenGL and my OpenGL extensions viewer says it only supports version 1.1.

What the heck?

Ah, I also found out that dxdiag can't recognize my graphic card and its driver. And it says that I can't use DirectDraw acceleration, Direct3D acceleration and AGP Texture acceleration.

I'm currently using Samsung NT300E4 laptop. If you need any of my system information, I will upload dxdiag result, supported OpenGL extension, and so on.

It would be very thankful if you give me some tips on solving this problem. Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Does OpenGL extensions viewer expose "Microsoft basic display adapter" or sth. else?

A screenshot of the report option would help.

It should look similar to this:

0 Kudos
GPark3
Beginner

Sorry I am late.

I had no time to care about this one

Here's my OpenGL Extensions Viewer screen and as you can see, it DOES NOT expose HD Graphics 4000 and only says "GDI Generic".

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

That's the generic driver that comes with Windows.

Get a hardware OpenGL enabled driver either via Samsung update tool, Windows update or from here.

After successful installation you can doublecheck with http://www.ozone3d.net/redirect.php?id=401 GPU Caps Viewer

0 Kudos